ChickHEN is an homebrew enabler(HEN) for Official Firmware 5.03 made by homebrew team Team Typhoon. ChickHEN is originally made to allow PSP 3000 and PSP 2000 Slim users with the TA-088v3 motherboard to run homebrew, but also works on PSP 1000 and other PSP 2000 motherboards. ChickHEN makes use of the 5.03 libtiff exploit that is patched in firmware 5.50 and 5.51. The first version was released on May 06, 2009 and continues to be developed today. The latest announced version is revision 3 which provides several new additions.
- May 18, 2009 Team Typhoon announce ChickHEN R3. Currently, this revision isn't released yet.
- May 7, 2009 Team Typhoon Releases ChickHEN R2.
- May 06, 2009 Team Typhoon releases ChickHEN version 1
- April 15, 2009 MaTiAz releases a Hello World for his TIFF exploit
- ChickHEN only works properly on Official Firmware 5.03. The TIFF exploit is blocked on 5.50 and above.
- ChickHEN works on PSP 1000, PSP 2000 and PSP 3000.
- The compatibility of homebrew can vary from user to user.
There will never be built in supported for ISO and CSO backups in ChickHEN. This is because Team Typhoon does not endorse piracy. There has been other alternatives released to run backups via ChickHEN such as CFWEnabler by Becus25 and Xenogears and the recent 5.03 HEN-A firmware for PSP-3000 users.
ChickHEN revision 3:
NOT RELEASED YET
- XMB / Game Version Spoofing
- Photo menu redirections
- Patch Playstation Network
- Hide pic1 (already present on CF)
- System Settings / MAC Address Spoof Version
- A VSH Menu
- High Memory for PSP 2000/3000
- Compatibility with some modules M33
ChickHEN revision 2:
- Now runs homebrew properly
- Homebrew Support enhanced
- Tiff image blocking in HEN (displays unsupported)
ChickHEN revision 1:
- Initial release
- BUG: Can't run homebrew properly